Google, on October 31st, announced a revamped version of its new WordPress plugin Site Kit, stating that it is available for install from the WordPress Plugin directory. In a nutshell, Site Kit avails you the comfort of setting up and configuring Google’s key services like Google Analytics and get insights on the source of traffic, learn how to improve, and easily monetize your content.
How Google Site Kit helps professionals?
Site Kit makes it easy for WordPress site owners to understand how their site is doing and what to do next. As a WordPress site owner, Site Kit offers you:
- Convenient and easy access to relevant stats directly in your WordPress dashboard. We save you time — see the key information right when you sign in.
- Cross-product insights — Google Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, AdSense — are combined into a single, intuitive dashboard. We help you make informed decisions, quickly.
- No source code editing. This is the easiest way to install and manage Google products on your site in just a few clicks.
If you are a developer or an agency working on sites for clients, Site Kit can make your life easier:
- You’ll get aggregated insights from Google products, distilled in a dashboard that your clients or other teams can easily access. No need to copy data from multiple products to compile reports for clients.
- The site performance stats and improvement recommendations come directly from Google — your customers will be getting the latest best practices recommended by Google products.
- Site Kit provides roles and permissions to help you manage access to the site’s data and make sure only the relevant people can see stats from Google products.
If you work on a plugin or hosting provider, Site Kit provides a scalable, easy way for your users to provision and access key Google tools and metrics.
- Easy connection to official Google tools. Your customers don’t have to edit the source code to set up Google tools.
- Added value for your platform. Your customers get important information about how their site is performing right in your own dashboard.
- Flexible UI. You can pull stats from the plugin dashboard and display stats natively in your platform’s UI.
Installing and Setting up Google Sit Kit
Follow these steps to install Google Site Kit.
- Open your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Take your mouse on the Plugins option given on the left side menu.
- Select Add New.
- In the right side search box type Site Kit by Google.
- It will appear automatically.
- Now click on Install now button.
- And once installation gets completed, click on the Activate button to activate the Site Kit by Google plugin.
Follow these steps to start the Google Site Kit setup and use it for your daily site analytics
Step 1: After installing the plugin, tap on the Google Site Kit option on the dashboard bar click on ‘Start Setup’
Step 2: You need to give access to your site’s Google Search Console profile, which means you need to sign in to the Gmail account that has access to your site’s Search Console profile.
Step 3: To the next, you need to grant permission for Google to access the data in your Search Console profile.
Step 4: Once granted, you will get a completion notification and can then click on “Go to my Dashboard.”
Step 5: The Dashboard will show you options to connect other services such as Analytics, AdSense and PageSpeed insights. You can now choose to connect these services as per your requirements. If you go to the settings of the plugin you will see additional connection options for Optimize and Tag Manager.
The dashboard shows you a clear breakdown of Google’s key services like Search Console, analytics and PageSpeed Insights enabled.
The plugin allows you to dive into each reporting respectively with navigation options on the left to drill down into Search Console and analytics.
Are you looking for your business to gain online awareness? We’re here to help.